The Humanity in Healthcare Act is a multifaceted ProLife bill compromised of bills filed in previous years by several legislators. Kentucky Right to Life was honored to work over the last year with House members who contributed to the bill and with its sponsor, Representative Nancy Tate, co-chair of the ProLife Caucus.
Thank you to Representatives Tate, Prunty, Beckler, Bentley; Senators Meredith, Mills; and members of the ProLife Caucus for contributions to the Act.
Reflecting on the 2022 Humanity in Healthcare Act and the gift of every child, Representative Tate stated, “God granted all of us, born and unborn, the right to life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness. It is not the right of any person to take this gift away from the weakest among us, who cannot protect themselves no matter the circumstances. I am and will always be an advocate for our children.”
Elements of the Act
- Updates current law concerning parental consent and protection of minors— the judicial bypass guidelines are in place
- Dignified care for the terminated remains of pregnancy loss
- Updates reporting requirements for pregnancy termination statistics
- Requires chemical/medical pregnancy termination health guidelines
- No taxpayer funding of abortion in Ky
While in Frankfort on February 9th, I had the opportunity to speak with many House members, including Speaker David Osborne, who said the comprehensive ProLife legislation will be assigned as House Bill 3. Typically, priority legislative measures are assigned the first five to 10 bill numbers, so this is great news, ProLife Kentucky!
Please call your Legislators, and ask them to support HB3! The Legislative Hotline number is 1-800-372-7181.
The image is from a slideshow explaining the need for HB3.