Physician-Assisted Suicide Inroads↤ KRLA Forum
The KRLA State Conference was held September 28 in E-town. See the slideshow and more info here. This post and the following two will present a wrap up of the presentations.
The keynoter was Rita Marker, an attorney and patients rights advocate. Her talk brought to light:
- Compassion & Choices continues its dark mission to enable everyone to end his/her life on their own terms. In Kentucky C&C has over 6,000 volunteers to help promote Doctor-Assisted Suicide (DAS).
- DAS legally is not murder but is suicide, yet this is only a change of words in order to change public understanding and acceptance. The physician prescribes the barbiturates but does not administer them. The cause of death is always noted as an underlying illness. It may not be known who actually administered the fatal cocktail.
- Beware of POLST directives. They may be used in place of a legal Advance Directive document. Read more on this here.
- More states are passing DAS legislation each year. Only several days ago a bill was introduced in Wisconsin to that end. It will be much easier to oppose DAS today than to march against it after it has become state law. Be vigilant.
- We find that initially states set many safeguards against abuse of the law, but these are later set aside as “barriers.” The “option” is popular with insurance companies seeking the least expensive way to manage patient expense.
Please access a copy of the Kentucky Will to Live here. It will guide you to create a pro-life advance directive. You will find lots of helpful information on the PatientsRightsCouncil.org website.
See Rita below on Fox News— a vintage clip.
CommentsComments close after 3 weeks following the post date.
Comments are closed