Samara Heavrin will run for election to Tim Moore’s office on Nov. 5. Visit her website!
Legislators addressed the KRLA conference and took questions.
- Tim Moore has resigned his office and Samara Heavrin is running to be the District 18 State Representative. Moore leaves to become the head of Lamb & Lion Ministries in Texas.
- Samara Heavrin interned for U.S. Congressman Brett Guthrie before joining U. S. Senator Rand Paul’s staff as a Staff Assistant. Most recently she has served on State Treasurer Allison Ball’s staff as Unclaimed Property Director.
- Russell Webber will become the leader of the Legislature’s Pro-life Caucus, with Sen. Robbie Mills as the vice chairman.
- This upcoming election and the 2020 elections are very critical. “This pro-life issue informs all others. It is a bellwether issue for a legislator. If they are outspoken pro-lifers, they will vote as conservatives on other key issues.”
- We can look for at least three bills to be filed by pro-life legislators and probably others. Rep. Joe Fischer will be introducing a constitutional amendment to end abortion in Kentucky.
Note--if you visited recently and saw no video: The initial KET video was removed. This one may have more background noise and but it is the same speech.
Not all qualified voters can get to the polls, so it is important to think of pro-life voters who may need encouragement to get an absentee ballot. EVERY VOTE WILL COUNT in the November General Election.
Many of us have elderly family or friends who need help to vote. The rules for obtaining an absentee ballot and either mailing it in or voting in-person ahead of the election, are here.
June 4 is a candidate filing deadline for petitions (etc). Perhaps October 1 would be a good day to mark on your calendar. That way, you won’t forget.
Also, the deadline to register to vote is October 7. Keep your eyes open for anyone who is pro-life and not yet registered!
Congratulations to Governor Bevin and running mate Ralph Alvarado, Secretary of State candidate Michael Adams, Attorney General contender Daniel Cameron, and Commissioner of Agriculture Ryan Quarles.
We must all ask ourselves: How can we help the Republicans win in November? Think of any who did not vote yesterday. Ask them why. Explain what is at stake. Urge them to vote.
The KRLA PAC will be active to support your efforts.
Our endorsed candidate for AG, Wil Schroder, made a great showing and we look for him to succeed in future state races.